1.42bn pieces of clothing are imported into Aus every year. 84% of it ends up in landfill.
Sip & Swap is an opportunity to promote circular fashion and sustainable styling while keeping clothes out of landfill.
We’ll set the scene as you seek your next wardrobe faves, with dazzling live music, zero waste snacks by Community Cupboard, a room of like-minded humans and a showcase of sustainable styling tips from speaker, writer and eco sustainable fashion educator Nina Gbor (@eco.styles)
When: Wednesday 23 November
Time: 6:30 pm *(Arrive at 6pm for a 6:30pm start)
Where: Seed Spaces, 137-141 Bridge Rd, Glebe, Sydney
HOW THE SWAP WORKS
1. Please bring 1 – maximum 5 items of clothing or accessories to add to the swap collection pool.
2. Please note that guests can only begin taking and trying on swap items after the swap is officially declared open by the hosts. This will take place after the brief welcome and introduction at the beginning. After this, guest can try on and take what they like.
3. At the end of the swap, everything left will be donated to an op shop.
- Clothes brought to the swap MUST be clean, good quality and in good condition: not too heavily worn out, faded, pillaged or damaged. (Good quality also means something you would gift to your best friend). Please be mindful and considerate of what other swappers will be happy to receive .
- We can’t guarantee guests will find their sizes. It depends on what other guests bring; therefore, we encourage ALL SIZES to participate in the swap.
- Items to bring: dresses, pants, skirts, tops, shoes, bags, scarves, hats, sunnies, jewellery.
- WHAT NOT TO BRING: please do not bring underwear, pyjamas and overused workout gear. Pyjamas and swimwear allowed only if they’re brand new, preferably with tags.
* Clothes Swap & Style is an initiative of Eco Styles by Nina Gbor.
About Seed Spaces
Seed Spaces is a boutique, independent and locally-owned cowork and event space based in the heart of Glebe.
Designed with the earth and sustainability in mind (think recycled timbers, natural light and a plethora of plants) this multi-purpose space is the perfect venue for work, hire or play.
With a passion for community and making a positive impact Seed is honoured to be supporting Nina and her business Eco Style.
To find out more visit www.seedspaces.com